With the sun getting lazier and lazier these November nights, returning to its slumbers faster than I’m sure the majority if us would like, as a result, I hear the miserable moans and groans of grief-stricken commuters. The winter blues have well and truly set in for some and it’s still only autumn! They have alot more groaning to do in that case!
In all fairness I can see why the dark nights and grey days aren’t getting people cartwheeling down the streets but at the same time, with the dark nights come the cosy evenings. The hot meals, the trashy TV and fluffy socks. The colder weather brings out the more comfortable gear, cable-knit jumpers and long Johns are all of our secret wardrobe faves let’s be honest!
With so many things to get down about as the daylight hours decline, let me point out 5 good things to look forward to in these chillier months ahead:
1) Bubble Baths And Steaming Hot Showers. Nothing says I love winter more than ‘so hot it will skin you alive’ showers and ‘prune inducing’ bathtime.
2) Hair To Stay! Yes, long-sleeves, trousers and tights have never been more welcomed on the bodies of those still recovering from the stubble trauma of summer’s shaving, plucking and waxing shenanigans.
3) Gout – Just In Time For Christmas. There’s no better excuse to pile on the carbs than in the dark days of November. Take it as a ‘end of year preparation’ for the real feasting to take place at Christmas. Why have pasta and not garlic bread, or a burger without the bun when you could instead have both, at the same time?! The more calorific the meal, the more terrific the meal you’re mantra should be. Cold months call for extra insulation so happy eating!
4) Binge Binge Binge TV. OK, well, most of us make this an all year event but personally, I like to use the more dismal months as an excuse for watching endless hours of Dr. Phil and Munchies.
5) You Look Frumpy And Baggy And Noone Cares. Yes, snugly clothing makes a much yearned for comeback. No one cares if I wear my pyjamas under my puffer coat, they’re probably doing the same. Skin-tight clothing can be for Summer, it’s time to relax and be comfortable in your own skin for atleast a couple months, right?!
So are Winter blues still a thing for you?